Around here I am up to my neck-erchief in Scout “stuff”. I am definately over my 1 hour per week quota. Even if you average out the couple of weeks that I have not done anything related to Scouts. But honestly – I would not trade the time spent with my sons for anything. This time can never be replaced, or recouped. There are probably a lot of things I don’t do right as a father. I am pretty sure this is one of the things I do right.
So far this Summer:
- Managed Water Rocket Derby
- Attended 3 day, 2 nights, Cub Scout resident Camp with entire den of 9 boys.
- 5 days as Twilight Camp. Provided First-Aid for the week.
- 4th of July Parade. Organized and marched with the boys.
- 7 days, 6 nights at Boy Scout resident camp. (Pico Blanco) The troop earned over 100 merit badges and we did several board of reviews in camp.